View Single Post
      01-08-2022, 01:05 PM   #45
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
It's interesting how some of you are willing to take shots at me because you are so unhappy with the name of this thread - even though the first posts clearly explains everything you need to know.

Maybe you would have skipped the thread had it been named something else?

You guys must get pretty pissed off at the nightly news or internet news articles.

The GTR Platform?

That's the platform that never stops giving to me.
I literally can't tune or make parts for that platform fast enough.

I tune on average of 10 of those a week. If you want to put some shade on me, you probably shouldn't do it on one of the most successful platforms I've ever worked on.

If you trash a stock car and bring it into the dealer to get fixed they will also tell you to kick rocks. Just because a car is 100000% untouched doesn't mean they will fix everything for free.

Defending the error? It's not a error.
Internet news articles and headlines are supposed to be summaries of what entails within the post/article. This thread's title is factually incorrect, thus it warrants the responses you're getting. If I clicked on a news headline that said "100% effective cure for lung cancer!" and the article states that the cure is actually 50% effective, then I won't give a shit that the article itself clearly says that it's 50% effective right off the bat in the actual article - it misled me with a false headline, just like you are and have done.

You're also missing the point about your brand's reputation. How many sales you purportedly make is irrelevant. A Google search of "Visconti tuning" and clicking the 3rd link on the GTR Life forums tells anyone all they need to know about the type of person you are and the company you run.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trash a stock car", but my statement still stands: bringing a G8X into a BMW service centre with your tune for any serious engine-related warranty work will get denied. If there's a 5% chance of BMW covering something, it's still 5% - it'd be 0% with an ECU tune. Comparing an ECU tune to "trashing a stock car" speaks for itself. No one should modify their ECU unless they're willing to fork out big money in case shit hits the fan.

The car is modified, and there's nothing else to it. It's an error, but it's absolutely hilarious that this is the hill you want to die on - arguing whether a car with an ECU tune is a " bone stock" car
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1