View Single Post
      01-13-2022, 07:41 PM   #10068
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Correct. These boxes are made for inside venting. My dryer is less than two feet from the garage, so when my brother comes out in the spring to redo the bathrooms, he's going to run a new vent into the garage with this box on the end. It'll pump a little heat onto the garage, but that won't be a bad thing for most of the year and it really won't matter in the summer when the garage is oven hot anyway. In the meantime, it'll just vent into the crawl space between the house foundation and the garage foundation. Otherwise it's a 35ft run to the outside wall. That's too far to vent a dryer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Many years ago, my grandparents' dryer used to vent into a 3-seasons room to use the waste heat. Believe it or not, they just put a cut-off panty hose leg over the vent hose end, and changed it out every once in a while as lint built up.....
This house we moved into 18 years ago had the dryer vent into the garage, panty hose filter and all.

One day, on a Saturday, we had a load of clothes drying and I was in the garage, working on one of my radio control airplanes. Did the same routine the next Saturday.

Each night thereafter I started having some really weird dreams. They were in black and white and always included ferns and jungle-like foliage. Basically, my own personal movies behind my eyes.

We had a gas dryer. I'm sure you can connect the dots.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615411.50