06-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #82
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
What...a standard C class? You are trying to tell everyone you can spot the difference of a psuedo M-car and a M-car. But you can't tell the difference from a standard C-class and the 63 AMG. Even 43 coupe and 63 coupe look substantially different. Any car enthusiast can see it right away. All the metal is different, only thing carried over is doors and roof. The 63 coupe is a true widebody, like the M2.

You could argue the C43 coupe and C63 coupe have more differences than a M2 and M235i. At least the 63 coupe has two more cylinders and the two cars sound nothing alike. I guess you could mistake them, if you were a not a car enthusiast. But then again my non-car friends couldn't tell you the difference from a 228i M-sport and a M2.
Well ya a C43 and C63 are different, comparing them side by side but I mean everyone now a days when they buy cars they tend to go for the performance models even if it wasn't a full fledged M/AMG/S etc. So at the end of the day it doesn't matter too much. Long as you can tell the difference that is all that matters.

Marketing is marketing. If the C63s came out the same year as the F80, I would have been pressured into getting the C63S over my M4. Oddly I specced a C63S at a lesser price than my M4. Weird.