06-28-2023, 03:28 PM   #58
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
Geez, tough crowd.

The 4BW is 410whp and the M3 in this trim is around what 480whp? The manual's 0-60 with launch control is around 4.4 to 4.5 seconds. Which seams about right for 400ish HP.

What I'm really confused about is the comparisons that are being made. You have a car that costs $500 less than a RWD M340i with as close of a configuration that I can get. That comes stock with 6/4 piston brembo brakes, spec'd PS4 similar to the M3, magneride suspension with fully adjustable camber out to -2.5deg, a digital dash that provides more adjustable info than the ID8, whole set of drive mode options and traction management options similar to M3, a fantastic manual transmission, better brake/tire cooling management and better steering feel. Plus you get a free 2 day class with rooms at their Spring Mountain facility driving the same car you bought.

So, you get all of this for $500 less than a RWD M340i and because it doesn't beat the M3 in a straight line, it sucks. Which costs $14,500 more, optioned the same way. I like the current M3 and will probably have an LCI after I'm done with this car, but this thread is woah.
You're not getting a CT4V Blackwing for less than an M340. Most are going for 75K up to 90K

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Appreciate 0