View Single Post
      04-30-2024, 07:56 AM   #79
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I was jumping between the M3 Touring and the Macan Gen 3 GTS. I was preferring the Macan because PDK manual shift better than manual shifting the auto ZF8 and the soundtrack was better on the macan. It led me to sell the Macan and get the manual 992 T and my wife now drives the M3T. The M3 is a cruise missile but I prefer the soundtrack, steering, manual shifting and feel of the 911 in the corners. Maybe the 390 kg (850lb!) lighter weight is part of the reason? That said, awesome having the G81 to drive and as a daily it’s definitely the better option.
I mean, they are both wonderful cars for what they do. I sold my 911 because I didn't want to deal with the compromises I had to put up with it as a daily driver...number one being the lack of passenger space and the ability to run around with kids and gear. That same reason rules out a Macan for me. Believe it or not with me being 6'2", my son being 6'5", my wife being 5'10" and my daughter almost 5'7", we don't fit in a Macan. At all. Even with my daughter behind me, I have to move up and with my son behind my wife, she has to move up to the point where she is pretty uncomfortable and my son still has his knees jammed into the seatback. Somehow, the G80 is far more comfortable for us.

All cars are compromises. Every single one. Finding the one with the attributes that best fit your wants / needs / use case with the fewest amount of drawbacks is ultimately a very personal decision. A 911 and a G81 is a extremely balanced pair. About the only thing you're missing between them somehow is a soft ride. Even the G8X is on the firmer side. But again, compromises. As long as it works for you, it's awesome.
Appreciate 0