View Single Post
      03-10-2021, 11:57 AM   #16
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I haven't watched every single review but the others I watched last night didn't bring up the delay and comments veered more that the ZF8 is less dramatic than the DCT which is true as it's butter smooth. That said I have seen a lot of Supra reviews and everyone almost universally praises the ZF8 in that car and never mention delays.
Just to add some support to this - I've noticed the reviews of ZF8 across its implementation in different cars has been very inconsistent. Heck, one of the G8X comparisons to the Giulia resulted in feedback that the transmission is better in the Giulia... but it's a ZF8 in both cars. It's hard to trust what reviewers say sometimes because of this inconsistency. I will say that I've driven a lot of ZF8, and it is very good, but none of them have felt markedly different from each other and they certainly don't have the character/immediacy of the M-DCT. I will say they are better than VW Group's DSG. Given G8X has more emphasis on livability, I don't think ZF8 is out of place and probably works with the car's ethos - it's certainly a great transmission and only looks less appetizing next to the creme de la creme DCTs (PDK, M-DCT - both made by Getrag). Okay, that's all, y'all enjoy whatever choice you go for
EXE462100.00
heavyD^23688.50
Puuhapete145.00