03-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #14
Jproos
Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I voted yes but only because the reviews would have to be pretty poor to deter me from a car I may be interested in. I'm still of the personal belief that you shouldn't buy a car based on someone else's review because cars are a personal thing and the car has to make you feel happy to drive it and performance numbers don't always make for great ownership experience. I'm very happy with the ZF8 in my X3M so Chris Harris mentioning a slight delay has no bearing on my ownership as I'm not driving on a track daily where a millisecond matters to me. A lot of people made their decisions a long time ago and either like or hate the car and simply use little bits of reviews as confirmation bias as we are already seeing in the review thread so at the end of the day the biggest thing to pull from the reviews is that the car is great and not a stinker but like every single car ever made it's not perfect and not for everyone.
Fair enough. I was surprised to hear him talk about a delay. He didn’t go into any detail so I’m wondering how many others might have had his review as any others more interested in the manual.

For some people the manual just doesn’t fit their needs. I’m not trying to rain o their parade. I came VERY close to ordering the Comp instead myself.
Appreciate 0