View Single Post
      11-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #93
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
My current opinion is that the pricing and options for the M3/M4 cars will kill the MT. There are certainly a few that will choose whatever configuration offers a manual. but WE are in the minority. I think many previous manual buyers will go over to the dark side to get more power and different options for about the same price. The difference is $2900 and the base model charges $1300 for wheels that many will want and are included on the competition model. My plan was to order a base model at the end of next year, but I'm afraid that the take rate on the base model will be low enough that the option will be killed in U.S. on the 2022 cars. I hope there is some time between when the 2022 ordering guides are leaked and when they stop taking orders on the 2021 cars.
In addition, the only option you can get on a comp but not on a base is a black M3 badge. Everything else can be specc'd accordingly.

If they had, for example, the base model in 6MT with a lesser suspension, less cool seats, no seat belt stitching (i.e., the F80 comp versus the base) THEN some of these arguments would hold some water.

However, you can get the same exact options in the transmission of your choice if you're willing to sacrifice some power and torque. Us manual drivers are slow as sh*t anyways. It's not a real issue to me. 480 hp, even with the weight increase, will be fine for the first 1,200 miles until i tune.
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00