View Single Post
      01-20-2022, 03:23 PM   #26
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsePower View Post
I have enjoyed better numbers than those posted in that other thread, but only from my local, great-relationship dealer, at the time of new car purchases. For an out-of-state, no-relationship deal offered to anyone with an internet connection, to me those numbers seem pretty solid (if those are G8x pricing).

BMW hasn’t ever had (in my experience) the type of race to the bottom ESC pricing from a few dealers nationally who get the word out on forums, and then also erode local dealers’ ability to hold the line when a forum-educated buyer walks in. In contrast to many other manufacturers, where I’ve enjoyed 50-75% discounts off of MSRP for ESCs (one of which has paid out five figures in repairs - making up for basically every other ESC loss I’ve ever taken, and then some.)

Don’t just blindly follow the don’t-buy-ESC/use-a-savings-account camp without thinking through your own financial picture, discipline to not spend that money elsewhere, and risk tolerance. If you get an ESC at the right, discounted price, they can make a lot of sense. And each time I’ve sold a car and terminated the warranty for my pro-rated refund (usually less $50 admin fee), I attribute the minimal financial loss to money well spent as a hedge against a huge, modern-era-car off-warranty repair.
Is ESC Extended Service Contract? Cuz that's NOT what we're discussing, is it?
Appreciate 0