View Single Post
      07-25-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
Solarium
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Cross-shopping the C8 Corvette with the G82/G83 M4

The new 2020 C8 generation Corvette looks impressive. I know it's only a 2 seater, mid-engine, completely different class than the M4. But what you guys all think? Even the base model as of right now can easily beat the upcoming M4 AWD (and completely smoke the RWD). Come 2021 the M4 will be totally outclassed by the Z06.

I've driven the last gen C7 Z06 and as well as the base Stingray each for a good few days, and was very impressed by it. The magnetic ride of the Z06 and its lateral G's was incredible. The only thing that bothered me truly was the interior which was pretty bland and cheap feeling compared to my M4. Now that's changed with the new C8 gen as well, the interior is vastly improved over the previous gen and the look mimics the 458 Italia quick a bit, which is one of my favorite cars of all time.

It will be a serious consideration for me, as I don't really need the rear seats and the trunk space yet. The C8 base Stingray will be cheaper than the M4, and the Z06 will be within my price range as well. It will be a serious contender for me for the next gen M4.
Appreciate 0