///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF Hero View Post
AVM

Thanks for all your insight and honest feedback. Glad it was a minor "glitch in the matrix" with whatever didn't trigger the correct transmission setting. To be honest, you had me kind of worried that the "around town and to work" experience would be a bit too docile. While I have yet to drive a G80, this makes me (and im sure many others) feel much better. I was never upset about the bigger grilles, weight, etc....loss of DCT was always my biggest concern. Thanks again.
You are welcome Hero . . . I am with you 100%.

Not much a fan of the G80/82 design architecture; bought it for the performance experience, a huge part of which pertains to manually controlling shift points and the shift character itself.

So, when the ZF8 manual mode shifts were so disappointing after some 600 miles, I was really bummed out . . . incase not obvious in this thread

I have no idea what the 'glitch' entailed, but feel rejuvenated for not only stumbling across the source of the problem, but also an easy solution to the problem . . . that might help a fellow enthusiast, such as yourself, in the future.

Best

///AVM
Appreciate 1
jonahk705.00