View Single Post
      05-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #51
Ginster6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 with a Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerj100 View Post
Thanks for writing such a thoughtful unbiased review.

It's very timely as I just finally got some seat time in a G82 today for a test drive and, in my short time behind the wheel, I can tell you I agree with your ZF8 concerns.

As a disclaimer, I've had DCTs in both an E90 and an F82 and the transmission was hands down one of the best parts of the overall experience to me (I'm a manual shifter 90% of the time).

I knew the ZF8 in the G8x wouldn't feel like the DCT, but it was more of a letdown than I expected. As a comparison, my current daily driver is an Alfa Giulia QV which also has a ZF8. So, I expected the feel to be similar in the G82. However, unfortunately that's not what I experienced. In the Alfa you still get quick shifts that are accompanied by a kick in the pants upon up shift. In my limited experience in the G82, even on the most aggressive setting, the transmission didn't provide that same visceral feel.

All that said, it's more likely than not that I will buy a G80 before my Alfa warranty is up next year. However, it's not a sure fire slam dunk like I hoped it would be.

I 100% agree with as I "had" alfa QV . If I want the m3c. I would kept my alfa.

But for me it was the 6mt I wanted.
Appreciate 0