05-27-2021, 10:28 AM   #22
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioRSR View Post
We tracked our new 2021 BMW M3 dubbed "Project Senna" in 100% stock form at Buttonwillow CW13 to set a baseline time.
We're pleased to report that the G80 M3's amazing braking, handling, and power delivery allowed us to run multiple 1:57 laps 6x times in a row with the fastest lap at 1:57.444 in one of the sessions in the early afternoon.
With a lot of fast drivers out on track this day, we had maybe 3 completely open laps and our fastest lap was completed with traffic in the back sweeper. Our lap timer's predictive lap was showing a 1:55 during this lap before we had to pass the Cayman!

I would be interested in hearing about how the brake pads worked for you. Both in performance and especially in longevity. I tracked my G82 for the first time 2 weeks ago, and I am curious to see how my experience with the OEM pads compares with others. My day was 6 sessions totaling 2 1/2hrs at Sebring. Performance was surprisingly good for street pads, with just a hint of easily managed fade from time to time at the end of a few sessions. Wear however was a different matter altogether. These pads are approximately 1/2in thick when new, which is quite beefy, but at the end of the day the fronts had worn down by 50%, and the rears by 75% meaning that these are 1 day pads at the track. And you?
StudioRSR158.50