Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'm actually very much in the dark about who's banned, what they were banned for, the histories of the posters concerned, etc. I just don't get why some ppl are very aggressive w their attitudes, it's either "their way or the highway, end of discussion!" and if anyone disagrees, that's it for them, they will get cancelled or worse. I guess online forums are more and more becoming like microcosms of what's happening in the real world. Personally, it's concerning stuff and it's scary that a big %age of ppl are not only fine w that but are actively encouraging this new reality.
Obviously the whole "cancel culture" is stemming from the internet; the reason some of us are unhappy with this specific corner of the internet is different.

It's also more so annoying some of us, because the reason people have been getting banned aren't things I personally wouldn't consider bad. Neither would a lot of people, I think. No one is being racist, sexist, etc. But poof and next thing we know they are kicked out.

As far as "getting recruited" goes, I don't really know where that is coming from. I guess that person meant like someone is trying to pull you into an opposing point of view?
Appreciate 2