View Single Post
      11-01-2021, 08:35 PM   #76
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Any rubbing at all? Does this create a slight stagger setup?

Also your car is lowered, Does the lower affect the drive experience? I want the car to look clean and lowered but not at compromise of killing the driving dynamics.

One last question - if you lowered the car and put spacers on - do you need an alignment?

Thanks - I also have never lowered or put spacers on my vehicles. Complete noob. Only engine and exhaust mods.
No rubbing at all and Im using the oem tires so the "staggered" set up remains. I have the front lowered an extra 5mm over the rear but thats negligible. Im running 15mm square hubcentric spacers.

Ive lowered over 40 of my cars, its not for all one but every car I currently own is lowered as well except the C63BS which has its own adjusters. I choose proper springs that have high spring rates and work well with OEM dampers (Im on MSS with this car). I personally have not lost any driveability or handling sensation with the drop on this specific car.

While many will say "why lower when the factory made it that way", Ill say I want a more aggressive stance and I have very good roads. The key is also in the damper system and how well do they match up with the lowering springs. KW, MSS, and a few others make great set ups that dont compromise but in fact soak up the bumps better at lower speeds while becoming more taut and higher speeds via big bends and high speed turns. While I have not seen anyone who has lowered their car with these basic springs show proof that the car is better on the track; I have not seen anyone show proof of the reverse either. And I dont track the G80.

Yes you will need an alignment after 200 or so miles (once the setup has settled) to correct any geometry changes.

Here are some before and after pics. I have not lowered every car Ive owned as some come really aggressive from the factory but the G80 and definitely the G82 need a suspension adjustment visually IMHO:

Before

After

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
emix8473.00
maxsaint130.50