View Single Post
      03-11-2021, 01:20 PM   #2
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by d001 View Post
Not sure if this is redundant by now or even in the correct tread section....

Drove a SPY M4 6MT yesterday. I will list my impressions. The day before test drive, I drove my near spece46 6MT zhp daily. The day of test drive (10 miles, well known back road)- my E90 M3 DCT. Here are few things that I took away from the M4experience:
- quicker ratio steering (pro)
- dead steering feel as prev gens (con)
- surprisingly very compliant and supple suspension even in sport plus (you decide)
- very comfortable and soft standard seats (pro)
- better materials interior including leather, but hard plastics in lower levels of dash and trans tunnel (mixed)
- car felt very heavy (con)
- visibility over the hood much worse than prev (con)
- fantastic dash electronics (pro)
- very intrusive nannies even in sport+, TC off was much better (mixed)
- brake feel felt mushy, but pads weren't bedded (?)
- great power, though I was very respectful to it being a new car with few miles on it (pro)
- lots of artificial engine noise, can't turn it off that I could find (con)
- nostrils look ok/good in person (you decide)
- SPY looks amazing in person (pro)
- black plastics all around exterior are piano black and feel very cheap, CF option to cover than but pricey (con)
- having a 6MT option in this segment (pro)
- 6MT is slightly less rubbery than prev gens, but not on par with cayman, miata, 1LE camaro (con). Posted about this in the trans tread.

Overall a nice car, it would make a great daily with compliance, power, potential fuel econ, presence.. How it (in this case its sibling m3) would do on track, or more importantly vs QV, Ct4-VBW, IS500, that would be my decision point to get me to move away from my E90 M3.

-
So it sounds like you aren’t sure on trackability? I.e. you didn’t walk away thinking, nice car but man it will surely and utterly suck on the track? Like most do after a short drive in for example an F10 M5.
Appreciate 0