View Single Post
      10-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #652
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Car update: Both cars are finally home. Hers looks amazing, they even detailed hers. Mine....I'm just glad to have it back. Lots of work to do over the coming week to get it back to what it was. I forgot just how much small custom work I've done. I'm going to need to buy another roll of vinyl.

Also, I have to say it makes me smile that my attention to detail and craftsmanship is better than a body shop that has the proper tools to do what I've done to my car. I smoked my tail lights over a year ago. One of them was damaged in the accident. the body shop attempted to do what I did and failed miserably. Drips in clear, fish eyes, etc. I'll make that shit look factory again though.

Before I get flamed for having smoked tails, they are not blacked out, they are smoked. They went from fire engine red to candy apple just reduce the amount of "BAM! IN YOUR FACE RED" to subtle.

To keep things going, today is good because well, the cars are home......and I changed my contacts this morning. I can see and my eyes don't look like Snoop Dogg's this morning. Small victories.
You've given me the impetus for detailing/tidying mine KR and I'll start with giving it a good hoover!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00