View Single Post
      10-25-2021, 12:58 PM   #646
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
This is an interesting one. Though I'm not a GC, I have much knowledge based off what I do for a "living." Did the contractors frame the truss's on-site or where they bought from a truss shop? Most GC's I know order their truss's and have them delivered/installed. I may be wrong here as I am often, but foresee truss modification to lead to future problems.

Anyone else on here more knowledgeable than I am on this? How far along are they Joe? Do they have material on the truss's yet?
No, they built the trusses by hand on site...purportedly so they could make adjustments as needed to follow said roof line. So the master framer should be able to build to spec once he gets the new drawings I figure. I'm not confident they'll be able to reuse the front since they are cut to size, but maybe. At the end of the day, it needs to be done as right as possible. Right would entail repouring a new footing of course, so I'll settle for "as right as possible" in this case.

No material on the trusses just yet, just framed. They will be putting two dormers in the roof too, but again, those aren't framed up yet either. Should be a relatively inexpensive fix in the grand scheme of things, I figure $3-4K. Still sucks that we have to eat it though, since I'm sure I will somewhere.
Appreciate 0