View Single Post
      08-27-2021, 02:29 PM   #8
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Chicago Auto Pros has locations in Lombard and Glenview, and the seem super detail oriented (removing emblems, wrapping film over edges as much as possible, etc.) at least from their YouTube videos and the SavageGeese videos. They quoted me about $8k to do full-car Xpel on my G80. LUSTR is another name with a good reputation, I believe. They quoted me about $7,500. Umbra Window Tinting in Schaumburg quoted about the same amount. I believe these all include full paint correction before they install the film.

I ended up going with Midwest Autobahnd in the city, which is much closer to where I live and was around $5,500 (full disclosure, the price was supposed to be $6,000 but they misquoted me because the salesperson didn't realize it was a sedan, and honored the initial quote). I'm happy with the job they did, and they work on high end cars in a nice facility. They did edge wrapping, etc., though there are some places where you can see the edges of the film if you're really looking (around the emblem on the hood and trunk spoiler, for example). Prep also might not be as intensive as the others (though they do clay bar, decontamination, etc.). That all was perfectly fine with me; it's really impossible to see edges and stuff on Brooklyn Grey, and the money I saved more than makes up for it.

Last edited by wooblewobble; 08-27-2021 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 1