View Single Post
      10-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #46
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Agree. I don’t think we should expect fully customized Individual orders (i.e. for interior/exterior colors not listed in the standard order guide) to be available for a good while yet. Maybe MY2022.
Honestly 2022 is not a long wait from how BMW usually does it's MY. For example, the word on the street is MY21 will arrive at dealerships in March. However, BMW will probably start producing MY22 at the end of summer, so July timeframe...so unless you just have to be the first to get it, it may be worthwhile to wait a bit as they inevitably release more colors and option choices the second MY.

Based on the F8X generation, it also makes me wonder when they plan to do LCIs. The F8X gen was the shortest generation in recent memory (esp. F80). It had a LCI after 3 years. In my mind, the MY21 are basically for those who want the first gen, the market is going to be tight. Realistically, it's on MY22 that really allows demand to catch up with supply and have more cars actually sitting on lots vs. presold.