kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Every passing day I'm more convinced BMW will have the CSL/GTS have the DCT. RWD only and it'll be automatic, but the DCT is sportier than the ZF

In the end we're getting what people have been asking for. BMW used to build an M3 for ~70k with all the goodies, but now they're copying the Porsche business model that unless you have money for a GT3 you are a peasant.

In this new peasant mentality, BMW M does things like:
-gives F8X 1.3g oil threshold vs 1.4g on E9X. Gives GTS 1.4g
-removes CF driveshaft from F8X, only gives CS/GTS versions the CF goodies
-breaks what the E9X fixed in terms of fuel starvation. Now the F8X fuel starves like there is no tomorrow. GTS is supposed to have a fix

and I bet with the G8X generation this will extend to the DCT. If you are a peasant you will wind up with a auto which will be a liability at the track. If you are not a peasant you will be able to access a DCT.
Well I don't mind paying 100K for DCT M4CS with all of the goodies the current generation has but if it comes with slush box that goes against the character of the car AND is heavier I see absolutely no reason to pay that much money where I can find lightly used CS/GTS for less. Not to mention the ugliness G8x is expected to conceive.