View Single Post
      05-31-2021, 10:32 AM   #17
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
I posted this in another thread but you can order them from most major distributors. Look for "star spec" or BMW Star or Star BMW ( see full image below)
I don't know that I would recommend that, except for the specific car the star was designed for.

For instance, I believe the 4S* 275 that you highlighted is a front tire option for the G80/82. I probably wouldn't run that on the back of my M2. There's also a 4S* 255, but that's the rear tire spec on the new 3-series--I probably wouldn't want to run that on the front of my M2. Altho, it would be interesting to get someone's detailed feedback on those 4S* sizes for the F8X cars.

When I went from PSS* to PS4S, the PS4S is definitely better in the wet, colder temps, quieter, more comfortable, lasts longer, is just as quick and doesn't grease out as fast on track, but the steering feel is more numb. If it’s down to 245/265 PSS* vs 255/275 PS4S generic on my M2, I’m probably sticking with my switch to the 4S bc it’s only my daily and wet track tire, but it’d be nice to get some of the 4S* specific steering response in the vid.

Guess will have to wait for the 5S generic or the 4S* that they spec for the new M2, but who knows if that 4S* will be appropriate for the F87.

Last edited by ZM2; 05-31-2021 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0