View Single Post
      05-19-2021, 01:05 PM   #17
KaptainKloss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Your position seems to be it’s only worth doing if you get some sort of tax credit. Otherwise it’s “marketing” and has no benefit?

“Unless the customer sees the benefits of any tire tax credit it doesn't matter.”

If you can’t understand the bigger picture of why this is a ridiculous statement, I won’t be able to explain it to you.
You don't have to explain anything to me, I'm looking to purchase a vehicle that isn't going to cost an arm and leg to maintain, and that includes tires.

If I buy a new car I'm not looking at any maintenance costs for the first three years, but that doesn't mean that I want to spend that money on tires. What's the point if they make a sustainable runflat if I go through 4 tires every year and am being forced to buy tire insurance?

If they told me we have a sustainable, non-RFT tire that's more durable than a standard tire, sure, I'm on board. But don't say cost isn't the only thing that matters because they make consumer products. Without the consumer they don't exist. They are not producing renewable energy facilities they live for the financial quarter.
Appreciate 0