View Single Post
      05-05-2021, 08:41 AM   #7
dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Great review; echoes all of the good things I've observed.

It's important to note that he drove the car with the chassis set to Comfort instead of the much more aggressive Sport Plus (clearly visible in the video). Sport Plus makes a big difference in how the car feels in the turns. All of that extra movement he's talking about is almost completely tuned out in Sport Plus.

Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire did the same thing.

Should be a good sign for those who have yet to drive it that he raved about practically everything else - the grip, steering, powerband, 6-speed gearing, and braking all were rated highly by Brian.

BTW, if you're going 6-speed, you can easily keep the MSRP under $85k and even under $80k if you don't need the CF buckets. Knock off a few more bucks for G80. Amazing, amazing value.
This is the kind of thing that just kills me. I watched the review and in the back of my head I was thinking "wow, he's the first to call this thing floaty."

Then I noticed the same thing you did - he's evaluating the handling in the mode specifically designed to _not_ be about handling.

I will never understand this - it takes time and effort for him to make these videos, but then he doesn't take the extra 3 minutes to make sure he's actually evaluating the car at its best.
Appreciate 3
02M3ForMe4261.50
manuelf352.00