Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
I'm still confused how this compares to MDM. Yeah, M traction level 1 allows for way more slip. How about levels 9-10, how do those compare to MDM?
The braking, traction, e-diff, ect. is now all electronically actuated, instead of hydraulically controlled, which now allows them to individually modulate the vehicle's stability and traction with a lot more precision and end-user fine tuning abilities.
Yup, got that part. How does M Traction control level 10 differ from MDM?
I don't know how else to explain it to you; it now limits/allows the slippage and traction into different intervals from a deviation of 1 to 10 in severity, in a more linear fashion, instead of just on/off as with regular MDM, which was essential 1 - 2.

Since the brakes are now electronically actuated, the slippage, yaw, vehicle angle, ect. can now be instantly modulated, allowing for a higher-level locking intervention to stabilize and enhance the vehicle's dynamics.

Google the words "BMW DSCi" to learn more..

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...rs?language=en

I'm not sure either. How about this. If MDM were instead an M traction control level, what would it be? 8? 10? 15? NA, they are completely different?
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0