View Single Post
      04-02-2021, 01:03 PM   #22
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
I think the weight comments are mostly coming from the sheer size of the car. The car is going to feel like its heavier because of the length of the wheelbase. For example my M2 feels a lot more playful than my M3 did (Both are comps). The main difference, the wheelbase. The G8X is simply bigger inside and out, so it would feel heavier as you're moving more mass around.
The other aspect is that the G8X does in fact weigh more than the F8X. I know that when I have a passenger in my car, the dynamics shift. So yes, you're going to feel a difference between the cars if you're on track or even spirited driving. However, in like 70% of the time when you're not driving like an A-hole, I honestly don't think you'll notice any difference at all.
Size and stability can be mistaken for a heavy feel vs a more unsettled and darty car for sure. Interestingly enough it was more the reviewers cruising the streets that said it feels heavy than those who actually pushed the car...not to mention some of those that said it’s heavy had passengers in there
Appreciate 0