05-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #5
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
5'8" 200 I wouldn't be worried about the seats. I'm 6'3 and they are a nogo for me. I sat in them, months after my car was delivered, and combined with the tight doorway getting into the car, for my height, and the side bolsters, I knew it was a no-go, and I was right. Sitting in them was like sitting in a laundry basket.

I tell people, all the time, if you live in the US, there really isn't much of an excuse to order a car without sittin in the seats. I've replied to at least 10 or more people, asking about the seats, and Ive always been able to help them locate a used car, at a dealer, close enough for them to go check the car out. It's all about if you want to do the legwork.

Since you can get the M8 and the M5CS with the same buckets, there is even more of a chance of finding a car, before you order, with the seats. I'm not just strictly replying to your post, I'm also saying this, for the other people reading these threads. There are plenty of ways to sit in the seats before you order one, or at least, before your car goes into 150 status, where the order can't be changed.
You're absolutely right, with them becoming more available on more models, its a must to try them out even for minutes before committing.

I had to write about my experience with them as they were unicorns a year ago as I was placing my order. Even now, I've only seen 2 G8X in my area.

A couple weeks ago, someone walking my neighborhood actually stopped by while I was washing the car and asked if he could sit in them as he had just placed an order without any cars at the dealer to see or sit in to try.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13404.50