View Single Post
      03-23-2023, 09:20 PM   #292
Cmassey3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2michael23 View Post
Been tracking the M4 since 2021. This thing is fast but way heavier than anything. Front tires won’t last 2 track days.
You could try the Hankook RS4s for a longer wear life. The Goodyear SC3s are built around the equally heavy gen 6 Camaro so they have a stiffer sidewall.

I don't run camber plates on my stock E92 M3 and my fronts don't get chewed up that quickly, I run a higher cold pressure to keep the sidewalls from getting hammered. Usually 32psi all round. The trade off is you can't overdrive the car and grease the tires.

The other aspect is driving style, one of my instructors recommend studying Nick Tandy' driving as he's easier on the entry which saves tires. Some folks love to huck it in last second and scrub the fronts too much.

Quote from my instructor:

yes it was Nick Tandy of Porsche driving 911 RSR at 24 hour Daytona. last year I think, during the broadcast they were saying that drivers were complaining that he would brake too early and they would almost run into him every time. in one clip it showed C8R almost running into him at night every corner but when he gets on the gas he is gone! and he gets on that gas early and so fast!
Appreciate 0