Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
I'm hoping I still know where mine is so I can give it to whomever buys my car. In its current version it is just too much of a hassle for me. I have a minimalist wallet so I'm not putting any extra stuff in there that I'm not going to use. If/when it gets to the point that it can act like a key fob and I can leave the card in my wallet and use that to start the car vs having a key fob THAT will be super cool and useful.
You only need the card to initially set up your digital key on your phone or if you want a backup
Incorrect, as you need both physical keys to set up the iPhone digital key. 2 months ago I changed from a iPhone 12 to 13 and needed both fobs to enable the digital key for my F95 ZCP.

PS I cheated on the poll, as my G83 is held up at the VPC for a 2+ week stop sale, my vote was based on my previous 12 months of the digital key for my F95 ZCP. I prefer the remote engine start using the key fob and having the car cooled down before entering. I wish the G83 remote start could also drop the roof.

However, I did use the digital key this past May when I was a volunteer for the PGA Championship for the week as it was nice not have keys while I walked inside the ropes.
My point was that you don't need the card in your wallet, you only need it during setup.
The card is totally separate from the digital key, which is via the "my BMW" app.

Your talking about this card?
Yes. The BMW dealership Genius did my setup, so maybe you don't need it during setup either. I was really commenting on the person who said they don't want to use the digital key because they have a minimalist wallet and don't want to carry around the card. My point was you don't need to carry around the card, you can just use your phone. I thought you needed it during setup, but maybe not.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3611.50