View Single Post
      08-19-2021, 05:37 PM   #84
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

I can only speak from my personal point of view here in Switzerland.

But people do have some pre-judgments on BMW Driver...and it comes from something.
There are tons of illegaly tuned BMW (also Mercedes and Audi, but mostly BMW) here around, and the Police started very strong since last year to learn the tricks from this dude to get them.

A lot of cars were confiscated because they were too loud or illegaly tuned in any other way (to mention here maybe that as far as I know the regulatory in Switzerland is far tighter than in the US for example).

That's why i'm thinking a lot about WHAT to do exactly on my car, and damn, even IF I will do anything because I have no nerves to be stopped every goddamn weekend by the police.

This country is extreme in this point...and fines go up to a couple of grands and even to the point were you never see your car again and lose the driving license for a couple of months.
dickheads here...

BUT to be fair:
there is a good amount of fu**** up douches driving these cars.
That's why I chose a new G80 in the first place, finding a good used F80 (as in 2018 they produced the last ones and I decided to buy one in 2020) is nearly impossible as these cars are all screwed up with cheap crap tuning parts.

F82 would have been possible though...but I liked the new one so it was a no brainer anyway (even though I could bite my ass not to have once owned this legendary DCT everyone is loving here so much).
Appreciate 0