naywa01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I think I remember I saw somewhere that the F8x 6MT takers was about 2% in UK and that was why they decided not to offer it for G8x?
To clarify, BMW UK are specifically only importing the Competition model which is the same policy as the X3/4M, X5/6M, M5, M8 etc. The 6MT is offered only on the non-Competition (480bhp) model, the G8x M3/M4 Competition model is exclusively 8AT only. This clearly means no 6MT will be available for the UK.

I believe this is mainly because a) a larger majority of UK buyers would pick the Comp models anyway, b) it reduces engineering/homologation costs and c) I understand the figure of 6MT F8x M3/4 sold in the UK was <2%, so its simply not worth it financially.

I can't speak definitively for other RHD markets such as Japan, ME, Oz, Nz etc, but people in this thread have indicated they can get RHD 6MT cars in their markets (such as Oz and NZ) even if it is in effect a 'special order'. So bottom line is look to your local BMW importer/regional office for accurate information on availability of the 6MT in your market, but it is certainly not available in the UK.
Appreciate 0