View Single Post
      09-19-2022, 08:28 PM   #72
fl1by
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80, Raptor, STI and C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper74 View Post
I really think the key point surrounds not what you do on those 5-6 track days— that part is probably pretty obvious, and I would agree, on those days the M3 is always a "hero".
The key point, however, is what you are using the X5 for on the other 360 days of the year… Speaking as an X5 owner— I couldn't function without the comfort, luxury and utility of that car… I don't think I could handle not having the 7 passenger version of the X5! We all use our vehicles for different things, but for some of us, our vehicle is a work horse first, then a race horse. If you're selling two cars to buy one, that car has to meet your needs for the 360 days first, and then the 6 days of track….
Oh to be 25 again, wondering why the m3 had those extra seats strapped in it— I only needed one!!
You have to begin a serious conversation with yourself as to whether the M3 will be able to fill the "work horse" role. For me, I rely on my wife's car to "pick up the slack" freeing me a bit to try something smaller. She will take delivery of her Rivian 7 passenger vehicle about the same time as I take delivery of my new i4 m50 …. When I need the size, we'll swap….
Any chance you have a wife that enjoys larger luxury SUVS….?

My other SUV is a Raptor. JDM mods and it is stupid fun, great for groceries. Rivian 7, definitely a carbon neutral vehicle, minus production cost and raw material carbon footprint, oh and electrical requirements..

The G80 is the last great ICE duel purpose track car from BMW. BMW will soon be all in on the EV circus (i4 m50 and others) . Hope the U.S. figures out the charging waypoints through the midwest, southwest, northern plains, southeast, Califorina, ect... Don't even think about going south to Mexico without a generator on the trailer hitch.

Didn't mean to go on a tangent, and congratulations Rivian.
Appreciate 0