01-10-2022, 01:57 PM   #12
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Rain-X is crap. Difficult to apply and doesn't last long.

That said, I've been using rain repellent on my car windscreens for over 10 years, 7 yrs on the M3, and have never had any problems with the sensors or wipers - no streaking, no juddering, no noise and no wear on the wipers. It rains year round here so the wipers get used regularly. I use Glaco Ultra (small black bottle) made by Soft99. 10x easier to apply and lasts much much longer than Rain-X. The only time Rain-X performed better than Glaco was when it was freshly applied in light rain/drizzle. Glaco needs a slightly larger droplet size before it slides/blows off. Long term use, Glaco lasts a whole lot longer and remains more consistent during that time, whereas Rain-X performance drops off quickly within 1-2 mths.

I'll have to try that. I have used Rain-X regularly for over a decade and find it very easy to use and last long enough for me. On my "fun" car I rarely drive and rarely sees any bad weather - I have not applied it in years and it still beads.

MY DD is another story, but I am anal about a clean windshield and wash it often and clear it often, so I am scrubbing it off constantly. 2-3 times a year is about how often I do it. I buy the big bottle, hose it down and rub it in with a paper towel and allow it to dry. Remove it with a paper towel then LIGHTLY hit it with window cleaner and take it off with a microfiber - spotless. I hate using wipers, so driving without them on at highways speeds is my MAIN reason for doing it. 2nd reason is how easy bug come off in the summer and 3rd is how easy snow pushes off in the winter.

I'll check yours out. I am happy with RainX, but if this is even better..............