05-06-2021, 07:40 AM   #2
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Hey everyone, posting in the Canada forum because it seems we depend on BMW AG and not BMW NA so basing my conclusion on our fellow US experiences may not reflect our reality.

So, I ordered an M3 6mt on 16 of April and no news or confirmation yet. SA seemed to be confident it would go trough but I also think he would not mind announcing me I got bumped to a 2022 like it was something positive or that I wanted.

I did not see any in stock car I wanted looking on-line, I don't want a 2022 because we lose 1yr/20 000km on maintenance plan + why not wait for 2023 LCI..

Before I go bugging my SA and forcing him to find an allocation and threatening him to withdraw from the deal, what do you guys think of it ? End of production is around the corner next month, I don't want to be pessimistic but I feel like it's pretty risky without a secured spot...

Thanks
My understanding is that recent orders are looking at summer production slots, coupled that with the fact that M3 allocations are much tighter than M4 ... its a really close call whether you get pushed to MY22 at this point and the odds lean towards that tbh

Lemme check with my SA real quick to get some current info for you