09-14-2020, 08:07 AM   #83
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Rumor has it that these are just M performance parts, not an upper model
I saw the G80 at a preview event this weekend here in NL and indeed its an Mperformance part.

They had a promotional vid (lots of flashy driving in abandoned industrial settings with models that cant act haha) on and in that vid there is 1 car with all the Mperformance parts inc. this exhaust, a wild GT style wing, and a two tone black and red paint job. The car honestly looked like a F&F reject circa 2008-2010.

The G80 we saw was on Mperformance wheels. Nice basket weave style wheels in black on one side and gold on the other. Tires were 285/295 and 20/21 inch. Forgot to check the aspect ratios.

G80 was nice! Isle of man green is kinda tealish and has a 90s vibe. Front is not as bad as it looks in pics. The comp+carbon packages make the exterior nice with no real need to upgrade aero parts (maybe an agresive lip and swaping some gloss black bits for CF). Rear spoiler is CS style but normal M2/3/4 size.

The new CF bucket seat is quite flashy. The whole rear shell is CF. The belt holes are metal look plastic (felt a bit cheap actually). There is a hump with a CF trim piece between your legs at the front of the seat cushion that keeps your legs "locked in" from both sides. Car was off so could not play with the adjustment but the hold of the seats is way better than the F8X seats (reminds me of Recaro Sportster CSs). This is coming from a small guy.

It has new CF paddles that look a bit like the more "aggressive" aftermarket ones. They are longer than B4 so you can operate them with your hand on the bottom of the wheel. Paddles are thin CF backed with a texturised red rubber/silicone coating. Reminded me of a fancy basketball shoe.

The steering wheel is the same as all the M5 except that it had CF where the M5 has that brushes silver.

Like this https://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/auto...ng-wheel-trim/

The roof has two pronounced ridges in it. Not sure if these are some kind of vortex generators.

The roof rack mounting points are exposed ))

The exahst tips are massive, they just failed the fist test. Backbox is also massive but more tucked than the M2C.

For the track bros

The brake fluid reservoir is accesible without tools! Turn a latch and you can lift a cover and see the reservoir.

The car comes with brake cooling ducts that lead air from between the coolers to the front wheel arches.

In some places the rads have a 2nd grilljust ahead of the rads with a finer mesh structure to prevent damage to the rads! (kinda like the CSF guard). I track my M2C and the big open grills mean the rads take a battering.

The strut brace is not CF but steel and it no longer ties into the A-pilar as on the F80/F82/F83. The strut top reinforcement are chunky and the aftermarket is likely going to have a real pain making camber plates for it.

It also has an S55 like intake, without that intake that is built into the engine cover like on the X3/4M.

An oil change will likely require the removal of the strut brace as the filter is at the back of the engine and covered by the engine cover which is under the strut brace.

Hope this info makes someone happy!
solstice5456.50
JTO245274.50
pbar1400.00
Remonster824.00
Dawko192.50