iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
Will add my $.02 here:

In socal I have the luxury of having a rwd daily that I can run cup 2's on all year long. This is my only car and if I never left the east coast I 100% would've opted for the x-drive comp due to Winter driving. I prefer RWD due to it being lighter, less drivetrain loss, and the thrill of possibly losing control of your car lol. It keeps it exciting. Sounds stupid but hear me out.

I've had AWD cars in the past, like my b8.5 s4 five years ago, and I could essentially do whatever I wanted/hammer the throttle under a million different conditions and never worry about spinning out, burning rubber, etc. It got boring.

The traction control on the G8x is incredibly advanced. But still I relish those moments where maybe you give it a little too much gas exiting a corner and the back end slips out a tiny bit and you go oh shit and smile.

Also -- I was set on getting a manual and to me manual + rwd just go perfectly together.

I am also coming from a B8.5 S4. Even though it was a great car, it wasn't as much fun as my previous RWD cars. I contemplated if I wanted to get AWD or RWD this time around knowing I can switch between the two modes. I didn't see the need for paying extra for a feature that may not benefit me as much. I won't be racing anyone from traffic lights/drag strips and I won't be tuning my car. I am happy with my selection and kudos to those who selected either versions (base, competition, competition xdrive). Enjoy in good health. Maybe the last ICE M3 you'll ever see.
Appreciate 0