View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 12:01 PM   #19
humisfum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
That might all change in the future. The legacy manufacturers are in a flux right determining the EV lineup for the future and balancing that out with the ICE models they may or may not want to keep.

Mercedes has already announced cutting a lot their models, either completely or combining models that make sense because they overlap each other (ex. C Class & E Class Coupé will become the CLE).

BMW is likely looking at the same thing - the 8 Series doesn’t belong in today’s market so if there was one model to cut or reposition, The 8 Series is the prime candidate.

Audi doesn’t necessarily have this problem - they resisted the urge to have a coupé version of every other model in its lineup.
Audi made a good decision there. When the 4 series came out I was so confused why they made it like this instead of naming the x3 the 4 series. Was so simple: Make the even numbered series SUVs. I also give zero fudges about the SUV coupes. If I was at BMW I’d immediately cancel the X4 and X6 and then probably the 8 series as well. Im sure it makes them money right now and makes them think they’d lose money if they cancel it but seriously who will refuse a X3/X5 unless they make it with a smaller roof..? If you’re one of these people please please just explain why… I genuinely just want to know what the thought process is there. Because I get it.. sitting higher is a legit preference.. but sitting higher with less rear visibility..? huh?
Appreciate 0