05-24-2021, 08:41 AM   #14
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL335D View Post
Accurate yes, quick yes, feeling none, still way behind Porsche. It's good steering for an electric rack. It's funny though, I was driving my winter beater (Nissan Xterra) this morning and I actually think it has a little more steering feel than my E92 M3. Sloppy as shit, but you can definitely tell what the tires are doing.

Macan's are great, but the S just didn't do it for me. Not nearly enough power. Turbo is the only way to go. I almost pulled the trigger on one until my wife saw it and laughed. She said "that's a cute little car, is that for me?"
My old 2nd gen Lexus IS had an early iteration of EPS, and it was brimming with road feel and was extremely heavy. I actually prefer it over the steering in the Alfa Giulia, which is hyper-quick and precise but is totally numb and fingertip light at lower speeds. Funny how these older more rudimentary cars are in some ways superior to modern ones.

I agree the Macan S is not enough power if somebody is looking for an alternative to the M3. But otherwise it is the one to get in the Macan family. Best balance between power, fun, and price.
Appreciate 0