DL335D
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I haven't driven the G80, but after a few times behind the wheel of the G20 330/340 I've concluded that aside from Porsche, the newest 3-series has one of the better EPS in the industry. I think you simply get used to it. It's still very precise, quick enough; and the weighting, while a bit artificial, is still nice.

I'd argue the modern four door vehicle with steering closest to your E92 is actually the Porsche Macan. Makes sense why a some F80 M3 bros online trade 'em in for Macans.

Now let's just says. Macan steering and handling is incredible and way better than an M2. Traded the M2 for the Macan, best decision, not even Ohlins could fix the crappy M2 handling. You cannot compare quality.

As far as comparing it to the M3 comp the steering is much more responsive and you have way more feel to it. You can place it anywhere and know what the Macan is doing. M3 was slightly numb.

So I agree.
Accurate yes, quick yes, feeling none, still way behind Porsche. It's good steering for an electric rack. It's funny though, I was driving my winter beater (Nissan Xterra) this morning and I actually think it has a little more steering feel than my E92 M3. Sloppy as shit, but you can definitely tell what the tires are doing.

Macan's are great, but the S just didn't do it for me. Not nearly enough power. Turbo is the only way to go. I almost pulled the trigger on one until my wife saw it and laughed. She said "that's a cute little car, is that for me?"
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9702.50
The_Werm212.00