05-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #1
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Ultimate Driving Experience - M Car Control

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I spent a half day at an M Car Control event in NJ. I was able to get seat time in both the M3 Competition and the M4 Competition going through some performance maneuvers and then some timed autocross. I'd say total seat time was somewhere in the 30 minute range after all the prep sessions and swapping in and out of the vehicles.

I have the following spec on order with a Week 26 build date:

M3 Competition
AW/Full KO
Exec Package
Park Assist
Carbon Bucket
Carbon Exterior
Extended Shadowline
Red Calipers

This event was the first time I've seen the car in person...

Exterior Impressions

This car looks great in all the colors that were at the event. The configurator doesn't really do any of them justice in my opinion. I was really impressed with SPY and nearly grabbed the phone to change my spec (didn't end up doing it in the end).

The car has an impressive presence. Strong and aggressive.

Interior Impressions

Leather: I sat in KO, YMB, and Black. All three were great. They also had Silverstone but I wasn't in that vehicle.

Seats: I really wanted to sit in the carbon buckets since I ordered them and was fortunate enough to ride in them for my entire seat time. They're really great and I'm so happy I ordered them. In the limited seat time I had I'm of the opinion they were more comfortable than my current F98 Comp. Getting in and out is a bit tricky but worth it for me.

Trim: Carbon fiber everywhere and it was great.

Driving Impressions

Grinning ear to ear the entire time. Strong engine response. Impressive breaks (yes they were carbon ceramic - no I didn't order them). Grip was excellent and each car I was in had the P0s. I'd be happy with them on my car and I'm sure that's what I'll end up with. From the limited time I had with them they were predictable and I wasn't feeling like I had a lack of traction that I didn't induce myself.

Overall a great experience. Some photos of what was there are included. Now I need to wait (the hardest part)...
Attached Images

Appreciate 14
Jmpascual687.50
mmckenzie216.50
chicagofan0019062.00
Scorp!on1511.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
cfm56d7b5876.00
Sedan_Clan24976.00
JTO245271.50
MSCD3184.50
2011ninja3376.00