Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Price aside, I think the 911 exudes a much higher level of luxury, quality and finishing overall. Thing is, you cannot get a 911 right now and if you can you're paying over.
I can have an m3 or m4 at a decent discount. There's a lot of value in the M3/4 which that is partly what sells them - although the M3 will depreciate a lot so that delta in new price becomes much closer. Porsche is not about value nor will it ever will be yet the demand is through the roof even for a base 911. Just wait to see the GTS...

To me, if you want the best all around GT/sport car the 911 is the hands down winner as it continues to prove to be.
If you need practicality, but want performance the m3 is the car to have.

The winner here beyond which car you pick is you and I. Both available in manual and are fun to drive.
I don't disagree, if you put price aside. But the delta between them would buy a very nicely equipped Honda CR-V, which is exactly what I have for bad weather/need storage or passenger space, and excellent fuel economy. My 2020 fills that bill, although I bought it last August, I can consider it a 'freebie...' Would love a 911 GTS; but having two great cars for the same price is what makes sense to me.
Very underrated point. I'm getting the C2S because I live somewhere where we have sunshine and no snow or ice year round. If I lived up north, the two car solution would probably be best for me.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50