View Single Post
      05-19-2021, 09:16 AM   #13
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyJ View Post
So I came out of a 992 c2s with spasm and rws.. The car had sublime steering and was dynamically excellent. The motor was good but not great. I sold it Because I used it as a daily and the for the compromise in practically and space, it just wasn't special enough. For background I also have a 991.2 gt3 manual and a 992 tts on order. I have a g80 m3 zcp now as a daily and I find it far more fun, mainly because it's much more usable and feels like a hammer (vs a scalpel). The 992 is much more precise and has higher Limits. It's also much less tail happy. The m3 sounds better stock and also has a better motor IMO. That being said, the m3 is not special enough to be a weekend car and one would be better suited in a 911 for that. For its intended purpose, the m3 is outstanding and far better than the f80 zcp I had in 2018.
I personally think the G8X motor feels a lot more like the turbo 911 motor (smart move by BMW to go this way). I had an F8x and didn't care for the spikey powerband whereas my 991.2S was linear like an NA engine and low and hehold the G8x feels much more like that. I do find the 991/992 motors sound and feel special to me whereas the M motors make me cringe with how they sound and are really unbecoming of a car that nears the 6 figure mark.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 05-19-2021 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0