View Single Post
      02-27-2021, 11:16 PM   #13
killhour
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4C xDrive, Focus RS, DB9 GT

A black MT G80 arrived at my local dealership (Buffalo) today and they let me sit in it and do a cold start. They said I was the first person to sit in it. It wasn't even coded yet, so none of the screens worked, which was interesting. They said they'd let me test drive it as soon as the weather is nice enough, so I'm hoping for Wednesday - doesn't look like they're waiting for the embargo to lift.

Fun fact - apparently they've taken 3 orders so far. All M3 and all manual. I think the manual take rate is going to be really high. Maybe even >50%

Didn't spend much time with it so the only pieces of feedback I have are that it really does look better in person (although I personally find the black really boring) and the interior felt cheaper than I expected, as someone who never owned a BMW. I'd say it's mostly on par with my Stinger GT2, except for some puzzling stuff like REALLY cheap feeling sun visors and a very scratchy headliner. Clutch felt much lighter than the one on my Focus RS, so I'm sure it would be fine in traffic, but I'll wait until I drive it to give a verdict.
Appreciate 0