View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 09:56 PM   #31
PVC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive

I think BMW has missed the mark with the new M3/M4. I saw them up close at a BMW event a few weeks ago, and they don't look horrible. BUT, that's setting the bar pretty low. The grill is too big, the headlights are too small, bluh bluh everyone has heard the complaints.

I'm gonna go one step further. The RWD version is quite frankly pointless. Despite the extra HP, it's not any faster than the previous generation, it weights more, and it probably doesn't handle better. My biggest beef with my F80 is the lack of traction. If I put my foot down, I hear a lot of rumble but the car goes sideways. It's one thing to say a car designed in 2014 would get smacked around by Tesla's and whatever in straight line performance, it's another thing to put out a similar car (performance wise) 6-7 years later at a higher price point.

They should have done what they did with the M5/M8. All wheel drive with the option to go RWD. I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this one, but they should drop the MT as well. Get with the times and move on. Sorry.
Appreciate 0