View Single Post
      08-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #402
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
When searching for another video I skipped through the German version of one of the promo videos. The advantage of the German version is, that the original audio is available. There are a few scenes where you can see and hear the shifts. It seems like the shifts are really fast. Faster than the X3M shifts posted here earlier for sure. Skip to 3:45

Thanks for posting the video. Yes, it does really help to get a feel for how the transmission is responding under track driving conditions. But, I'm not sure how we can tell anything about downshift behavior/lag from the video since we can't see the driver's left hand?

I do agree that upshifts under acceleration seem reasonably good there (comparing sound of rev changes to the motion of the driver's fingers on the upshift paddle). But what it most encouraging to me is that the driver is actually able to use manual mode at all on a track! I have not previously seen a video where this was the case.

In many of the ring videos you can clearly hear the transmission downshifting on the exit of corners (suggesting full-auto). A lot of the in-car track footage is from MT cars - and that looks and sounds great, which give me a lot of faith that the engine is going to be fun.

...if only there was some video showing the left hand.
Appreciate 0