08-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #80
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPcompM3 View Post
Hey Bro - sorry to bring this thread back but it came up in my search. I'm placing an order tomorrow for my M3. I wanted to originally order Frozen Dark Grey Metallic but it's no longer available. I like the aggressive/stealth look of the darker color on an M3 especially with the body lines and front end. How's your Frozen Black holding up? Do you still love it? Appreciate any feedback you can share ferrarifast. Thanks!

Didn't see your post until now, but yeah I absolutely love the paint and have not gotten bored of it yet.

It is a total pita to maintain though. I've had countless black cars, and I'm telling you this is next level in terms of upkeep (i.e. if you don't dry the car properly, you'll get water marks). Stays clean for maybe 20 mins after a wash, and then you start to see dust, dirt etc and especially if you look really closely. I definitely had to shift my expectations a bit with this. I am no longer as particular about the exterior as I was with my previous cars, because no matter what you do, it will get dirty. it just doesn't drive me nuts anymore.

I love the stealth look, never gets old. Will I get another frozen BMW-- most likely. I've become a huge fan of matte paints.
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 1