ItsConnor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 PB M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG4112 View Post
I hate to admit this, especially being a car guy, but part of the reason I even noticed the g80x was that 0-60 time. I did like the look, even the grill.
I knew M's reputation and build quality, so I bought one.

The novelty of the 0-60 wears off though, but then you notice other things. You push the car and it's planted, when it let's loose, it's playful, controllable. Mod it and the car is even more alive, it's an animal, but one you can control. It's a usable car, not a 800 hp hellcat then spins it's wheels.

Then with a few button pushes, the car is tame, you're sitting in a conformable, beautiful, leather trimmed interior/seat. Listening to a phenomenal sound system (with a sub install), not hearing a squeak or rattle. Not to mention all the technology you could want in a car.

BMW hit it with the G80X. This is the ultimate driving machine. Grocery shopping, date night, track night, bring the g80. There's no task the car can't handle. Trust me it's good at it, and that includes a 0-60 launch. Owning one, you realize the launch is just the beginning of a much more complex, entertaining and visceral automotive experience. The car is more than just 0-60.
Your second paragraph really summarizes it. A lot of 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc comes first when looking to buy a car on this level. Truth be told if this was a 4.5 sec 0-60 I probably wouldn’t have continued looking into it.
However, once purchasing (and waiting months) or ultimately driving a G8X. The lust for that advertised 0-60 is gone and it’s all about how it drives, handles high speeds, comfortability, etc. This def coincides that a 3 sec 0-60 is normal for us now lol, as someone who came from a 6 sec 0-60 FWD I definitely woo’d over some of the speed metrics prior to ordering.
Appreciate 1
ryanm321.50