04-10-2023, 07:35 AM   #76
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
First drive this morning, nice deep sound, and this setup looks incredible from the rear! I was expecting it to be a bit louder under load (seemed very loud free reviving), but I think my resonated single midpipe is keeping this quieter, which is ok with me.

My only complaint; I’ve spent a few hours fine tuning the left valve assembly. There’s a very small threshold to get it just right (by tweaking the spring that sits between the valve and controller). Too loose, and you’ll have some bypassing noises. Too tight, and the valve could vibrate against the gate in the pipe. Not a very big deal, and I’ll probably continue to tweak the spring.

Overall, very happy with this exhaust. I’ve mentioned it before, but due to the two sections, and adjustable tips, this system has a lot of adjustability. May be annoying to some, but I love that you can truly fine tune this thing to sit how you want.
Thanks for all the supplied insight FISH22. Community thanks you for it I am sure. To your point -- definitely a fair amount of adjustability that will be infuriating for some but it allows a fair amount of tweaking which we find necessary to have for various reasons.

Couple specific points:

1. Rotating pipes typically resolves pipes hanging low and or different levels on either bank of tips.
2. Also note the hangar placement/orientation in the instructions (not fully 90 degree) as that will assist in bringing the exhaust upwards into the body in general.
3. The valve spring may require some light tweaking. It's briefly noted in the instructions but ultimately the spring should be compressed once installed and not fit loosely. If it does fit loosely, it needs to be spread apart a bit is all so there is tension when installed. Seems to be some minor manufacturing tolerance variability in the OEM fixing bow/spring (PN #18307620323). Have been using the same spring for a long time and while rare it has come up on occassion hence the inclusion of the note.
Appreciate 1
FISH225413.50