View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 10:57 AM   #14
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Thank you to the OP of this thread for posting this. I signed up just now to the forum just to reply to the message as I've been struggling the same as many with this car.

I have been following this car and this forum for months on end now just like many trying to gain perspective and information into the new M3. Unfortunately I have been struggling to find the true passion in the car like I and many that are BMW enthusiast. I want the latest tech and a manual which this car provides but the lack of real world reviews and information has been extremely irritating. Also the looks of the car which have been beaten to death have weighed on me as I have yet to have an opportunity to see the car live to make my own interpretation.

I am first in line at a dealer to receive there acquisition but it's an auto and I want a manual. I'm also in line at another dealer with the opportunity to get a manual and spec it the way I want but have to put a non refundable deposit down to hold. It's the cheaper of the 2 cars but like many have said I'm hesitant to drop this kind of money that I am trying to justify my purchase on with no real world information. Basically buying it blind. I'm kind of getting to crunch time as life situations are determining my timing and I don't want to miss out on an opportunity to buy if it comes out the car is amazing. ARGHHH! LOL!

Like others have also mentioned I talked with my dealer about the lease rates and they are horrible which is expected I guess a little but man just another thing to put in the equation with buying an early acquisition.

My other issue is I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to cars. I like the M5, the M550i, the F80 M3, the Alfa Guilia and Stelvio, the X3M and a couple others that sprinkle in from time to time. Lol! All have there pros and cons to me and I've driven all of them. I think the big thing is I want a manual and as all of you know there are not many options out there and the old F80 is starting to date a little and it reminds me so much of my 340i that it doesn't move the needle enough but I'm still considering it although there way overpriced I think right now since last May time frame. The new G80 has the tech and modernization the Alfa's so lack. I love the Alfa's but I worry I would stale of the interior quickly.

So after seeing this post I may just hold off on the one build and wait for my dealer to get there's which he says should be sometime in early to mid January as long as BMW doesn't hold them at port. It's the least desirable build but I guess what's another few weeks right? We've all waited so long it just needs to happen. Come on BMW what are you waiting for?
Appreciate 1
zamboni1132.00