View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 08:17 AM   #9
rmmiii
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 m3 competition

Garage List
On balance, yes

Ordered mine right before Xmas. Will show up in March. I saw the car in person at an m track event in the fall. I'm getting tanzanite blue to mitigate the grill "presence", but I'm over the grill enough to dive in.

I figure:
Covid sucks and a new toy would be nice next year.

Yes it weighs a lot but look around - new corvette is heavy, mustang gt350 is heavy, etc. how much is regulation versus engineering I know not.

Can't justify a cayman or a 911 or a corvette since I have teenage kids and they have friends.

I did test drive a Tesla performance 3 and I own a Tesla model x. Electric cars are close but they don't work on a track. Instant torque is really fun and the model 3 performance handles quite well for a heavy car - heavier than the new m3.

And,
My 15 m4 is fine but starting to age. I liked the 15 better than the '08 m3 coupe I had before that. Warts and all. I liked the '08 better than the '02. I liked the '02 better than the '98. I loved the '98 as it was my first Bmw and first m car.

In summary, I will track the '21 m3 a few times a year. I will shuttle kids and dogs and golf clubs and such a lot during the year. M3 still best vehicle for those things, I think.

7 years from now, I bet we are looking at a lot of electric options, including ones that are trackable. Call this my swan song of internal combustion daily driver plus the occasional hpde.
Appreciate 5
Transfer5255.00
solstice5457.50
Puuhapete145.00
AlexFL7837.00
khanyam4801.50